Old July 20th 17, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations forpassengers

On 20/07/2017 12:58, Graham Murray wrote:
Tim B writes:

This new report from London TravelWatch will be of interest to this group.

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news/view?id=657&x[0]=news/list

Should the list of key improvements not also include 'provide adequate
and clean toilet facilities'? Especially as most of the trains serving
smaller London stations have no on-board toilets.

2 points:

a. toilets are covered in the report (pages 13-14); and

b. the way they are covered reinforces the impression that the whole
report is a "wish list" with little regard to cost-effectiveness.

This struck me first with the key comment: "Small stations often receive
less investment than larger stations". That seemed to me a statement of
the bleeding obvious. I would have been much more impressed by eg
"Small stations often receive less investment per passenger than larger
stations". Or eg by an argument that investment would give a greater
return per pound spent in terms of extra revenue.

That's illustrated further by the way the report states "However, the
toilets need to be available during stations’ opening hours." I'd like
to know what they reckon would be the annual cost, and percentage of
time workable, of toilets available at unmanned stations in London?

--
Robin