Old July 20th 17, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Plug sockets on buses

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

I've just travelled on a bus route between Dartford and

Gravesend run by Fastrack on the way out and Arriva Kent
on the return and at the end of every pair of seats
a plug socket was set into the side of the bus.
Switched sockets on Fastrack and plain sockets on
Arriva each with a small sticker - caution 240v supply.
Nobody appeared to be taking advantage of this facility
boiling kettles, making toast etc. Is this just for
charging phones ? The journey time on Arriva is about
31 mins.

Should I just get out more ?

Only on the right kind of bus.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/about-us...ire/?tax=68212

Charging points - when we're all so reliant on technology there's nothing worse than
having a flat battery, so now you can charge your smartphone, laptop or tablet on the
bus at the handy seat-side sockets - but please don't try plugging in gadgets like your
hair straighteners because they won't work!

-- --
Mike D

Sorry I only checked that afterwards.

These though were being used as ordinary buses with plenty of mums
with buggies in evidence. At one stage on the return journey there were
three buggies - with only the one door at the front next to the driver. The
sockets were standard, white, budget-line looking things like they'd come
straight out of Screwfix or Toolstation.

michael adams