Old July 24th 17, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations forpassengers

On 24.07.2017 7:58 PM, Offramp wrote:
On Monday, 24 July 2017 16:24:41 UTC+1, wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 17:01:16 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:
A good layout for toilets is at Golders Green. The toilets are in
the street, where the bus station is. They are very close to the
Tube station, but they are the council's responsibility.

Station Supervisors will shut toilets inside stations whenever
there is any problem. They are also a lot of work for the station
cleaner. They are nice to have until they become your responsibility.

You said it. Having managed a contract that covered both public and
staff toilet facilities on LU they were a never ending source of
grief. The scale of damage and abuse to such facilities is
incredible. And just before anyone responds I am not saying they are
not an essential facility for the public. They clearly are valued
and important but the way a minority of the public treat them it is a
wonder there are any public toilets anywhere.

That's why the city council introduced 20p charges for Cambridge public
toilets. It was found to reduce such abuse dramatically.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

There is a solution right there... An Oyster/CPC reader that charges 10/20p. If people knew that their details were on record they wouldn't smash the bogs up.

Oh I can see the Daily Mail loving that...

"TOILET PAPERS PLEASE! Now fascist EURO-BOFFINS even want to know where you
SPEND A PENNY. Eurocrats without any CENTS demand spies in our toilets
thanks to scourge of FOREIGNERS' public Armitage Shanks abuse." (Leader,
p.3, "the Empire was built by men who urinated without Government
interference, we must resist this slippery slope.")

Unless you can blame it on the gays. That might work.