Old July 25th 17, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Chris Grayling gives backing to Crossrail 2

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

I know I am being very negative here but Grayling hates everything Khan
stands for. However he holds the power here as CR2 cannot proceed without
government funding nor can changes to NR services to implement CR2 proceed
without DfT sign off. I am sure there are a thousand other issues which
also need DfT / govt support. This announcement is actually an exercise
in power by Grayling as I am sure Khan understands all too well. However
he has no choice but to do what Grayling wants otherwise he has to give up
on CR2 and then he'd be in the firing line - a result Grayling would no
doubt be delighted with.

whatever the results of this, I doubt very much that Kahn will still be in
office by the time that CR2 construction is started

tim