Old July 26th 17, 09:31 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I don't know if Mr. Grayling does hate everything that Mr. Khan
stands for, and he being a professional politician, I accept that
his motives may not be entirely pure, public minded and honourable.

However, it is not contrary to the public interest to force the
Mayor to do his sums correctly, to make sure that Londoners
one way or another pay for a London Tube line instead of
scrounging off tax-payers elsewhere, and to insist that the scheme
is finalised and quantified before work begins.

We have had too many railway projects for which the costs and
specifications have been changed after work has begun. Very few
sensible people believe that Mr. Khan's policy of holding down fares
is a rational way of financing public transport in London.