Old July 27th 17, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

wrote in message
In article , (Roland
Perry)
wrote:

In message
-
september.org, at 15:16:29 on Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Recliner
remarked:

The big gap now is that contactless technology, which will be used
by
second generation Oyster cards soon, doesn't handle railcard
discounts.

I don't think contactless technology is the issue. It's just that TfL
hasn't got around to implementing railcard discounts in the back
office systems. It seems to have been concentrating first on
providing
new features, rather than replicating existing ones.

On a quite galactic timescale. What is it with their IT people that
such a simple thing takes so long? Get your baseball bats out, Mr
Mayor.

Isn't Oyster run by Cubic for TfL? Presumably it implements the
features
TfL contracts it to do.

OK. So now we know whom to apply the baseball bat to.

(Although I thought Cubic only did the ITSO integration, bicbw, and
that was also disastrously late).

As Paul Corfield would no doubt tell us for sure, it's Cubic's system from
the start, surely?

yep

every little step is theirs

--