Old August 10th 17, 11:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Waterloo pictures

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 14:12:55 +0100, Recliner
wrote:

I went along to Waterloo this morning and took a few pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157684802951344

A few observations:

- It was moderately busy, but no problems. Lots of blue-vested helpers
around, but they didn't seem to be needed.

The name used on the bottom of the poster that you have shown close up
is interesting,
The South Western Railway.

Yes, I spotted that too. I suppose it's to cover the fact that it includes
both the TOC and NR. But it's handy that it isn't linked to a specific TOC.

Is that South West Trains having a final dig that they consider
themselves to be the natural operator or has someone sensibly used a
name that covers both them and the new incumbent.

I assume the latter; of course, the new First MTR TOC name may well include
the words, "South Western Railway"…

presumably South West Trains won't pull the plug on their web site on
the 20th and properly aren't allowed to do so by various agreements.

Must be tempting just to put up a page that says "Tough , ask the new
lot , we've gone.

Yes, it must be hard for Stagecoach to work so hard on this project in its
final few days in charge of the longest-running original franchise.