Old August 14th 17, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Brentford branch

On 2017\07\06 22:02, Richard J. wrote:
Basil Jet wrote on 06 Jul 2017 at 19:24 ...

RAIL says a shuttle from Brentford's Golden Mile to Southall Station is
being seriously considered.

Do you have an online link? It's been considered at various times in
recent years. I wrote a preliminary report on it for Hounslow in 2007.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/rail-...82488593755217

Personally I think Brentford - Ealing
Hospital - Hanwell - Greenford - South Ruislip makes more sense, but
would obviously cost more, however I don't think any demolition would be
required. It would mean the nice new shuttle platform they put in at
West Ealing would become disused though.

How do you propose to get from Ealing Hospital (presumably a new station
on the existing branch) to Hanwell? That would involve crossing over or
under the GWML if you then want to run down the Greenford branch.

On further reflection, running north from the eastern edge of the
hospital to go under the railway near Brentvale Avenue and having a
reversing stop at Hanwell Zoo before going to Hanwell station could be
cheaper. Not a lot of room just east of Hanwell Station though!