Old August 14th 17, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Brummie ridicules idea that HS2's utility to him will beas an avenue of escape to London

Ding Bat wrote:
Would HS2 made any difference, for better or worse, to what Brum is like to
Brummies who don't use HS2? Two contradictory articles:

1) Our 2nd city is 3rd rate and its children are paying the price
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...the-price.html

2) My love affair with Birmingham
By Derek Bishton

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...irmingham.html

The new HS2 rail link has thrust Britain’s second city firmly back into
the spotlight. One of the first comments I heard was: “I suppose that
means we’ll be overrun with escaping Brummies.”

It rarely occurs that some people might actually choose to live in
Birmingham, rather than London. That it could be a lifestyle choice. I am
one of this misunderstood number. All week, I work in the heart of
London. But as soon as the weekend arrives, I return to my other home,
120 miles north west, in Birmingham.

This has always been a source of amusement for my sophisticated London
friends and colleagues, who consider me at best eccentric and at worst downright odd.

Stories from 2013 and 2012?