Old August 17th 17, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Johnston Journeys at the museum depot

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:06:09AM +0100, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\08\14 10:58, David Cantrell wrote:
I put some photos on the intertubes:
https://www.facebook.com/david.cantr...55576327534501

Forgot to say, very surprised by the serif version!

There are examples of it at Sudbury Town station.

I was also surprised by the square dots, not diamonds, in the colon and
in the semicolon (which exists on proof sheets but I don't remember ever
seeing on real signs). There's even an example with *round* dots on a
hand-painted bus destination board. On TfL's website the colon has
diamond dots:
https://tfl.gov.uk/tube/stop/940GZZL...eId=piccadilly

Presumably this change was made in Johnston New and not reverted in
Johnston 100. Good, I think I prefer it being more consistent with the
tittles in i and j.

But I have noticed that the diamonds in what I assume are Johnston 100
on the website aren't just rotated squares, they have concave edges. I
think they're ugly. You'll see this if you blow up the text "Live
arrivals at ..." on the page linked above.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Sobol's Law of Telecom Utilities:
Telcos are malicious; cablecos are simply clueless.