Old August 17th 17, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Beware the wrath of La Lumley!

On Monday, 14 August 2017 13:08:32 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
London's Garden Bridge project officially abandoned

A £200m plan to build a bridge covered with trees across the River
Thames in central London has officially been abandoned.

An excellent decision and long overdue. The only good bit of news in a never ending cycle of gloom and dispair. The whole thing is a scandal if you've followed the so called procurement and financial approval process within TfL. We don't need another Heatherwick disaster inflicted on this city nor yet more privatised space which has a direct, never ending and uncapped draw on public funds. Now we need to pursue the Trust, its supporters and the former Mayor for the return of £40m. It's a scandalous waste of money that could have been used for a vast range of superior purposes.

--
Paul Corfield
via Google