Old August 19th 17, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default A New Yorker's simple wonder at LU+LO

On 2017\08\19 10:41, Richard wrote:
On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 00:48:38 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

I notice the Overground at Canada Water has what look like National Rail
next train displays, which use the second line to list intermediate
stations. Surely it had LU ones when it was part of LU. Since LO doesn't
have multiple calling patterns (apart from Hackney Downs - Bethnal
Green), I'm not sure why they downgraded the displays. Were the LU ones
junked? They must be an expensive bit of kit.

Surely that's an upgrade? Now you know where the train will stop.

Why waste a line to tell you that every train stops everywhere?

If it was down to me, there would be an enamel sign that said "Next two
trains to Dalston Junction wx,yz minutes" with the wxyz replaced by LED
digits, and one that said "Next two trains to Highbury & Islington wx,rs
minutes". Beneath that a single row dot matrix could display general
messages.