Old August 26th 17, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default SWT & NR - from deep alliance to deep something else

In message , at 05:13:52
on Sat, 26 Aug 2017, remarked:

Network cards are not relevant to Oyster because
they can't give rise to discount entitlements on Oyster.

Why not, if you are using Oyster to make an NR journey (I've
travelled Vauxhall to Waterloo on SWT before now).

Not sure what this means with my response corrected.

It means: where's the justice in being able to use a Network Card to get
a cheaper paper ticket, but not a cheaper Oyster trip?

Yes, there are some minimum fares with Network Cards but not at
weekends, and now Oyster is accepted at Gatwick and Shenfield that must
be more than £15 on weekdays [Later: yes fares Gatwick-Shenfield at
least £20]