Old September 2nd 17, 08:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Coffee[_4_] Martin Coffee[_4_] is offline

Default Edinburgh Gateway flop

On 02/09/17 07:46, Martin Coffee wrote:
On 01/09/17 21:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at Heathrow
accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter surprises me
more. But he has a plausible account of the conversation with the
roaming helper. I think the solution was for the helper to manually
give old £1s as change for the new fiver.

My local ATW ticket machines are chip and pin only so I cannot comment
on that.

However out of the six vending machines I have access to 5 are new £1s

Oops. That should say "5 are old £1 only".
only and 1 is new £1s only. The organisations concerned are recycling
old £1s and tell me they will continue to do so after they are withdrawn
as they will not be modified by then.

My local ATW ticket machine on Cogan station post dates wave and pay but
even after being modified a couple of months ago was not modified for
wave and pay.