Old September 17th 17, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday Times: Britain's favourite railway stations

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:56:10 on Sun, 17 Sep 2017,
remarked:

Clicking their quiz...

"Also known as Cambridge Science Park". No, it isn't. Network Rail
and the Science Park fell out at some point (I'm guessing the former
wanted bung from the latter, who realised it was too far away to be
of any practical use - too far to walk, too close to get a bus or
taxi) and the park isn't even mentioned in any of NR's blurb.

The name "Cambridge Science Park" was agreed at one point

But was it contingent on a bung?

No. Roland. However bad things are, we are not yet a banana republic.

but then Network Rail changed their mind

Because the bung was shown the door?

We have not been told.

--
Colin Rosenstiel