Old September 30th 17, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall[_2_] Tim Woodall[_2_] is offline

Default Watford to Hemel Hempstead for 9am start- M1 or backroads?

On 2017-09-17, David Fleming wrote:
Hi guys and girls,

As per the title really, Im starting a new job in Hemel and travelling
from Watford. Driving, and trying to find the least painful morning
route.

Will be going from WD17 to HP1, so central Watford to central Hemel.

I used to cycle WD24 to Buncefield (so just by the M1 junction) and it
used to take 24 minutes consistently (door to desk - I would change
clothes after about 30 minutes cooldown but not shower)

Driving motorway was *usually* a couple of minute quicker but could
easily be 10+ minutes slower.

The almost 8 miles each way bike ride was probably the best part of that job.
It was really hard getting started on that commute but great once I've
been doing it for a month or so. So much so that I scrapped my car and
cycled in all weather (even bought a trike for the snowy/icy days)

Tim.