Old October 10th 17, 12:32 PM
GeorgeK GeorgeK is offline
Junior Member

Default Oxford to London commute

Hi all,

I am new in here and I would like your opinion and help. I found a job in London while my wife got a position in Oxford and we were thinking of living in Oxford as it is slightly cheaper and I would commute daily to London. By reading other threads it seems that the most convenient way is to take the train but the annual ticket is ridiculously expensive (~5000£ !!!!!). The buses is another option but it would also mean that I will be spending at least 3h commuting. I do have a car and I was wondering if it is worth driving to 3rd or 4th zone in London to avoid congestion charges, park at a station and then use the underground to get to zone 1. Would this be a good idea? Any other reccomendations?