Old October 10th 17, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Oxford to London commute

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:32:45 +0100
GeorgeK wrote:
Hi all,

I am new in here and I would like your opinion and help. I found a job
in London while my wife got a position in Oxford and we were thinking of
living in Oxford as it is slightly cheaper and I would commute daily to
London. By reading other threads it seems that the most convenient way
is to take the train but the annual ticket is ridiculously expensive
(~5000£ !!!!!). The buses is another option but it would also mean that
I will be spending at least 3h commuting. I do have a car and I was
wondering if it is worth driving to 3rd or 4th zone in London to avoid
congestion charges, park at a station and then use the underground to
get to zone 1. Would this be a good idea? Any other reccomendations?

The underground station car parks arn't free and you'll get stuck in jams on
the M40 anyway. Whatever you do either you or your wife are in for a very
expensive and/or long commute. Perhaps it would have been a good idea to check
all this before you came here.