Old October 28th 17, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Beck's air map

Peter Able wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
It seems Harry Beck didn't confine himself to designing non-geographic
Tube
maps. I came across this Imperial Airlines air route map he created in
1935:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNOBfs-W0AA3KJm.jpg:large

Air routes were rather infrequent back then, and Beck came up with a
rather
complicated way of showing weekly, twice-weekly, etc frequencies. It seems
that even back then, airlines had alliances, but were more open about
code-shared flights than they are today.

Excellent! I'd like to see a higher-res version. Have you the path that
might include it?

Here's another variant. I can't see Beck's name on it, but the schematic
map is certainly in his style:
https://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~267441~90041892:Imperial-Airways-Map-of-Empire-&-Eu