Old November 15th 17, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams[_3_] Neil Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Croydon

On 2017-11-15 09:10:04 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Apparently the Centrale shopping centre (which only opened in 2004) is
to be merged with the Whitgift Centre. I think this will probably
create the largest shopping centre in the UK, since the combined area
of the current centres is only just short of the Metro Centre in
Newcastle.

This page suggests that East Croydon may gain a fourth pair of NR platforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croydo...#Train_Station

The page also talks about lengthening tram platforms at West Croydon,
although I couldn't quite find enough info to make sense of that. I
would have imagined that all the tram platforms are the same length,
and there would be no point in lengthening one unless you lengthen them
all.

I'd imagine that will be a relatively good thing - Croydon high street
and both shopping centres are abject dumps (particularly the Whitgift
which needs knocking down).

Neil
--
Neil Williams