Old December 6th 17, 02:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Rail fares to increase by 3.4%

On 05/12/2017 15:48, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-05/r...s-3-4-january/

What everyone seems to have missed is that many fares also went up in the Summer, but the usual stealth method of redefining what peak-hour means so that a large number of trips that could previously been done on an off-peak ticket now require an anytime ticket. That's put up many fares on the Thameslink line up by 20 to 25%. Even if that only affects say 20% of passenger journeys, it means that the fares basket has increased in the last 12 months not by the nominal 3.4% but by more like 6%.

Of course the service reliability on the Thameslink route has been so outstanding that we deserve this increase. (sorry I can never find the emoji for sarcasm when I want it).

--
Clive Page