Old December 11th 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Bakerloo line extension again?

I went down to Sainsurys at New Cross Gate a few days
ago to find a big exhibition in the entrance claiming that
a) the bakerloo line extension was real and going to happen,
b) that TFL wanted to build a new station in the middle of
Sainsburys car park (which used to be the up goods yard)
instead of on the vacant strip of land on the down side.
c) so Sainsburys had come up with a plan to build housing on
the car park, including social housing of course for their
(very poorly paid) staff and the man running the show there
said if TFL go ahead then they will pull the supermarket out of
the site.....
The car park is rarely anything near full by the way.
I know the Bakerloo extension has been talked about for years
anyone have any news or comment

--
Martin