Old December 14th 17, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail's disjointed introduction

In message , at 09:57:53 on Thu, 14 Dec
2017, remarked:

Anybody arriving at King's Cross St Pancras Underground station is equally
badly off, unless they arrive on the Metropolitan (etc) platforms.

Other cities do their best to make sure the interchange between lines is as
short as possible. In London we seem to deliberately do the opposite. The
new thameslink platform at St P, the jubilee line at waterloo which seems to be
half a mile from anything else and requires a travalator are good examples.

The station at Waterloo is going to be under the Charing Cross Line
beneath Waterloo East; rather than under the old Eurostar platforms and
north end of the concourse. I don't know the specific reason for this.