Old December 16th 17, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube escalator in Kings Cross

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

Near the Harry Potter thing in Kings Cross is a single escalator from
the northern tube ticket hall. I have only ever seen it running
upwards, and yet there is a sign over the top informing people of the
Underground, despite the fact that it is an up escalator. An endless
stream of disappointed people loiter around it. Presumably this was
supposed to be a down escalator, but it's been changed and no-one has
removed the sign?

It must have some form of tidal flow timetable because I have used it to go
down to the Northern ticket hall when arriving on one of platforms 9-11 of a
morning, probably at a weekend.

--
Colin Rosenstiel