Old December 19th 17, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Overhead wire in moorgate line stations

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 17:08:38 +0000
Martin Coffee wrote:
On 18/12/17 16:12, wrote:
Guess what? Drivers of ATO trains get paid more, or at least they did when
it was first introduced.

That doesn't surprise me. Another please-don't-strike bribe no doubt.

You're not an MP are you? "Everyone gets a 0 or 1% pay rise except us."

Driving a train is a blue collar job. It probably requires less skill than
driving an HGV (which I have a license for invidentaly) or a bus. There's sod
all reason for them to be paid 50K+ for driving a vehicle that does everything
itself anyway except accelerate and brake even if not ATO.