Old December 24th 17, 05:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overhead wire in moorgate line stations

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 20:12:32 GMT
Recliner wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:01:32 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
Thats a bit sophisticated for UK railways. Plus if it was done automatically
the RMT would probably call a strike about taking work away from its

members,
thin end of the wedge, blah blah. I'm amazed we managed to get ATO anywhere
in this country.

Is this not more likely to affect ASLEF members?

Yes, very much so.

Aslef tend to be somewhat less militant. The RMT meanwhile consistently use
strike threats to blackmail management. IMO its time railways were considered
critical national infrastructure and so employees on them banned from striking.

Militancy goes in and out of fashion. There was a time when ASLEF was
extremely militant, and the NUR much more moderate.