Old January 9th 18, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Grayling survives after all

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 15:53:15 on Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Recliner
remarked:

I'm willing to give Mr. Grayling some slack because he recognises
Network Rail's shortcomings for what they are. I particularly
like the way he is giving the East West Rail project to a separate
company.

Sort of. What he's said is that for it proceed, a separate privately
funded company needs to own the project. Apparently this counts as
giving his full support.

Isn't there a billion of state money going in, too?

Not for the bits which still need doing now (I'm unsighted as to the
amount they've spent on the bits which are by now open).