Old February 7th 18, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bryan Morris Bryan Morris is offline

Default Haringey Heartlands

In message , Roland Perry
writes
In message , at
04:26:23 on Wed, 7 Feb 2018, Offramp remarked:
Are these new roads always named after councillors? It must be very
boring for that perennial school project, "How my street got its name".
"Mary Neuner was a Labour councillor from 1986 to 2002 END TRANSMISSION."

The best road names would be ones that do not have to be spelled every
single time over the phone.

I agree. And also preferably not more than about 16 characters.

(I lived in one that was 18 characters without the "Rd/St" suffix, and
it became tiresome on both grounds.)

It's been a long time since I was a Haringey Councillor but Mary took
over from her husband Frederick who was an alderman then a Councillor
from 1952 to 1982 . She was a Councillor 1986 - 2002 so between them
they served 50 years (4 years break)
--
Bryan Morris