Old February 20th 18, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Woolwich ferry to be upgraded this year

I was on the Isle of Wight ferry recently and it was obvious to me what a dull job it was crewing that little boat. It's a ha;f hour journey every half an hour. It made me think that what the crew REALLY must look forward to is massively inclement weather, to really liven things up. I suppose the heaving aislefuls of puke would be annoying, but seeing the passengers' 45° fizzogs bowking barel-loads of rich brown vomit would be a memory to treasure forever.

And so it must be for the Woolwich Ferrymen, but the hope of a Day After Tomorrow scenario in that quiet area of the Thames is pretty forlorn.