Old February 23rd 18, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Lendlease wins Euston HS2 development role

It's a strange name for a company, Lendlease. It allows peoples' minds to wander back to the worst time in this country's history, when we held out a begging cap to FDR and were handed a wispy lifeline in return for massive concessions.

I can imagine some 14-year old history student reading about that episode and thinking, "THAT is what I'll call my company when I grow up."