Old February 23rd 18, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Lendlease wins Euston HS2 development role

On 23/02/18 11:18, Offramp wrote:
It's a strange name for a company, Lendlease. It allows peoples' minds to wander back to the worst time in this country's history, when we held out a begging cap to FDR and were handed a wispy lifeline in return for massive concessions.

I can imagine some 14-year old history student reading about that episode and thinking, "THAT is what I'll call my company when I grow up."

well if you have seen some of the rubbish built over the last few years
at the Elephant you will see what they are about, Southwark sold them a
load of land, a council estate was demolished and the "luxury flats"
that have replaced it are of a higher density, closer together and of
course largely owned by people who are never going to live there. And
they succeeded in getting another company to produce a report proving it
was uneconomical to build any social housing, a common scam these days.
So there is almost no social housing there, and basically its the slums
of tomorrow being built today..... you may not agree with this analysis
but its commonly held here in Southwark. Lots of South London councils
appear to be in bed with developers, very much to the detriment of
council tenants and ordinary not millionaire people.

--
Martin