Old March 1st 18, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail: no easy Jubilee Line connection at Canary Wharf

On 01/03/2018 15:46, Recliner wrote:

As to the absence of a station serving London City Airport, well that has
always seemed barmy to me.

Presumably no-one was prepared to pay for it. And that's probably still the
case. LCY can commission feasibility studies all it likes, but it will
probably have to pay for it if it wants a new station. TfL or NR certainly
won't pay.

Various (mainly E London) groups have banged on about it since at least
2004 but AIUI the passenger numbers at LCY (still less than 5 million a
year) didn't make a case, bearing in mind the extra station would delay
everyone else travelling through the station.

At one time I gather there were plans to provide a section of track at
Silvertown which would accommodate a station if demand grew enough to
justify it but I've no idea if that survived into what's there now.

[1] and how many of those who don't use the DLR or buses now would
switch to use public transport while cabs/cars are available?

--
Robin