Old March 16th 18, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

In message , at 10:13:23 on Fri, 16 Mar
2018, Someone Somewhere remarked:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...line-fares-to-
match-tube-prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-
a3791496.html

"London Elizabeth line fares to match TfL Tube prices... except where it
doesn't"

"Mayor Sadiq Khan said: I'm delighted to announce that the cost
of travelling on the Elizabeth Line in zones 1-6 will be the
same price as a similar journey on the Tube - fulfilling a key
manifesto pledge ..."

Someone tell him that Heathrow is in Z6!

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20, from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

Does this mean that splitting the trip at a Z2 station will save money?
(You'll need two different cards, presumably)

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

"the new line, which will eventually link Reading with Sheffield
and Abbey Wood"

Tell me about it! Lots of the post I used to get in Brentwood had first
been undeliverable in Brentford. At the time the latter featured in a
wall to wall "Brentford Nylons" advertising.