Old May 1st 18, 09:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default ScotRail Class 385 safety concern

On Tue, 1 May 2018 02:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
Primitive Person wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 09:46:09 UTC+1, wrote:

I wasn't quite expecting this level of forensic analysis I must say. Looks
like I was wrong, it happens, however I genuinely don't remember seeing
any transverse seats for the last few years of the 67s stock life when I
started commuting on the victoria line.

I preferred the transverse seats and made a point of seeking them out. Always
in the front, rear and two middle cars.

Transverse seats could literally be a PITA if there was some fatty sitting on
the inside because you ended up sitting half on, half off what little available
seat remained. The problem with tube trains is they simply arn't wide enough
to allow proper 2+2 seating. 2+1 would have made more sense (didn't they do
that in the 83 stock?) or just use longitudinal everywhere which it would seem
is the corporate decision now.

x-posted to utl.