Old May 21st 18, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Whats going on at Moorgate?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
07:21:40 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Offramp remarked:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.

Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
CWL Moorgate platforms:
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV