Old May 21st 18, 04:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Johnston font welcome sign at Gainsborough Lea Road

Recliner wrote on 21 May 2018 at 15:47 ...
Basil Jet wrote:

Are they allowed to do that? I suspect it was put up by the "Friends Of
Lea Road".

I was wandering down the Thames the other day, after a tour of Fullers
Brewery, and spotted a blue plaque that really deserves to be in Johnston
font:
https://binged.it/2GBnWms

It is indeed in Johnston font, not that you'd know from the awful Bing maps, which also gets the road name wrong. It's Hammersmith Terrace there, not Chiswick Mall.

--
Richard J.