Old June 12th 18, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Plan to pedestrianise London's Oxford Street scrapped

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 08:32:34 on Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Recliner
remarked:

Although I quite liked being "stranded" in Seattle for a day after my
meeting ended - I could play tourist. Not every businessman would think
the same.

True

Luckily I was in a hotel in Downtown, so a trip on the monorail to the
Space Needle was a no-brainer.

Another trip I did was more difficult because I had half a day spare in
a hotel in the suburbs near the Microsoft office[1] with nothing obvious
to do.

[1] I see job descriptions from time to time which say "Must be familiar
with Microsoft Office" - that's OK I've been there three times now.

Presumably you visited Microsoft's Office and Home of the Future
exhibitions?

I don't remember an Office of the Future, but definitely saw the Home of
the Future on a later trip.

It would be interesting to compare their predictions of the
time to the reality of today.

One which did come true was the shifting (aka ripping) of music off DVDs
and onto a home server, which was a bit controversial legally at the
time in Europe (although long permitted in USA).

And did you get taken to the Microsoft Store?

Yes, and got staff discount. But maybe everyone gets that?