Old June 16th 18, 11:58 PM
matthew3774 matthew3774 is offline
Junior Member

Default Contactless tube payment accepted by Natwest despite zero funds

Hi guys I had £2.87 in my Natwest business account. This account has no overdraft so typically doesn't let me spend if the transaction would take me below £0.

Anyway yesterday I made a journey from Victoria to Highgate, from Highgate to Victoria, Victoria to Westminster and Charing Cross to Highgate. I was able to touch my contactless card to open the barriers for all these journeys.

Today I was unable to use the card when getting on at Highgate to start my first journey of the day.

Is there a chance that Natwest will heavily charge me for using contactless when there was only £2.87 available? Or is it possible that all the trips only cost £2.87?

Since coming home I have topped up the account for when the money is taken out by TFL so it shouldn't go overdrawn