Old June 17th 18, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Contactless tube payment accepted by Natwest despite zero funds

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:29:55 on
Sun, 17 Jun 2018, matthew3774
remarked:

Apparently a payment for £13 came out today to TFL, I topped up my
account last night and NatWest said there were no charges on the account
at the moment, something about how the weekend counts as a Monday so it
would be unlikely there would be any.

I don’t think TFL contactless payments are normally taken from the
account straight away anyway, there’s a couple of days delay, during
which time I topped up the account, so hopefully I’ll be good

My Prepay (see other threads) contactless card was debited on Friday for
trips made last Thursday.

Given the TfL day probably doesn't finish until after midnight, that's
entirely what I'd expect from an overnight calculation of the amount
due.

Well after midnight: the capping day runs from 04:30 to 04:29.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/oyster/using-oyster/price-capping#on-this-page-1