Old June 27th 18, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 21:57:28 UTC+1, matthew3774 wrote:
I used the DLR yesterday and seeing no barriers or anywhere where I
needed to tap my Oyster card I didn’t do so. How are you meant to use
the DLR as I assume it’s not free?

And will I be fined?

If you touched out you will be charged the maximum fare for the journey, £8.00. I can't imagine how you missed the Oyster card readers.

Earlier I went from Victoria to Tower Hill and the
barrier was stuck open at Victoria

So there is only one gate at Victoria and it was open. And it has just been completely redesigned! Obviously very badly.

so I went through but my debit card

What made you switch from the Oyster card?

didn’t work at Tower Hill so the guy tried it for me and asked how I
managed to get on the train which I told him.

You card has almost certainly been blacklisted. Contact TfL customer services to have it (possibly) re-whitelisted.

He said I would need to buy an Oyster card or something but let me
through, so being confused I left the station as I couldn’t see any
machines to top up my Oyster card with.

You must have serious observation problems. You couldn't see the Oyster readers at the DLR station, couldn't see a working gate at Victoria and couldn't see any ticket machines at Tower Hill.
I imagine your head permanently bowed down into a smartphone.