Old June 29th 18, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

On 29/06/2018 09:36, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 June 2018 09:38:05 UTC+1, wrote:

If you have a season ticket why bother.

Because if you have a zones 2-5 travelcard and you travel from King George V
to Finchley, changing at Bank, without touching in, you are evading the fare
for zone 1.

I can't say I'd be so wrecked with guilt if making that trip as to bother.
Plus you could always say you got the north london line to stratford and
skipped zone 1 altogether. Tbh I think its somewhat unreasonable of TfL to
assume you took the most expensive route unless you touched at an interchange
machine. It should be the other way around - assume you took the cheapest
route unless there is no alternative.

Wasn't the point that if you get gripped somewhere in the Z1 area they
could legitimately claim you were avoiding the fare unless you'd touched in?

That might explain the regular Oyster checks between Shadwell and Bank...