Old July 3rd 18, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default First LO Aventra on display

On Wednesday, 27 June 2018 08:51:24 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
The first class 710 has been shown to the press at Willesden depot. The
delayed entry into service on the GOBLIN will be in November:

http://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/europe/single-view/view/new-generation-london-overground-train-unveiled.html

Yep shown to the press and immediately dragged back to Derby!

A class 172 has been snatched back by the leasing company which peaks all the peak extras on the GOBLIN ceased on Monday. This is despite promises from TfL that the peak extra trains would run until electric trains were in service. I can only assume that rush hour travel has now become beyond intolerable on the GOBLIN.

If Bombardier don't get type approval for the 710s quickly then the GOBLIN will end up with no trains at all as all of the 172s transfer to West Midlands Trains in the Autumn (Nov) to allow an enhanced timetable from Dec 2018.. They have 4 months to get trains approved and route cleared, fault free mileage accumulated, delivered, commissioned for passenger use, drivers trained and into service. I'd say that is now beginning to look very difficult indeed.

--
Paul C
via Google