Old July 11th 18, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Elizabeth line curiosity

Recliner wrote on 11 Jul 2018 at 01:00 ...
Richard J. wrote:
Basil Jet wrote on 10 Jul 2018 at 22:14 ...

Geoff's latest video shows the signs over the platform screen doors at TCR.

https://youtu.be/lKC-QBxbdj4?t=6m37s

There is a wheelchair symbol at Paddington but not at Bond Street. I
wonder why?

Yes, that is odd. But what does the wheelchair symbol mean?

It probably means that it's a door that leads to awheelchair space on the
long train.

If it means you can exit (to the street) on a wheelchair, surely that's
the case for all Elizabeth line stations, certainly those in central London?

It's on a PED to the train. It says nothing about exit to the street.

If it means that you can also change to other lines there, how do they
expect you to transfer to the westbound District at Paddington? I'm not
aware of any lift being constructed there.

That's not what ir means.

Maybe, but you haven't offered any explanation as to why the symbol is against Paddington but not Bond Street.

That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)

Isn't that the current name of the network?

My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.

--
Richard J.