Old July 20th 18, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_6_] Robin[_6_] is offline

Default Goblin latest

On 20/07/2018 09:45, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 17:49:49 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2018\07\19 14:24,
wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:54 +0100
Robin9 wrote:
Now, of course, the Stratford/North Woolwich section is a tram service
with additional stops and 3rd rail has been replaced by overhead cables
until South Acton Station.

As for the Woolwich Ferry, I don't recall many pedestrians ever using
it. It was always busy with vehicles.

I didn't mean the current woolwich ferry , I remember reading somewhere
that there was a foot ferry to north woolwich that landed at a quay just
near the station.

It's a foot tunnel. I've never heard of a foot ferry in Woolwich.
Pedestrians are of course allowed on the car ferry.

Interesting, didn't know there was a foot tunnel at woolwich.

Though from a nostalgia-fuelled visit last year it is at times more a
cycle tunnel - and I don't mean the cyclists "scooting" their bike where
it's quiet the way they used to 60 years ago.

--
Robin