Old July 20th 18, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Goblin latest

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 05:24:31 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
It's looking fairly likely that TfL will have to give away their diesel
trains before the electric trains are ready, and might end up
bustituting for a while.

https://www.londonreconnections.com/...nsport-update/

Overtaken by events. The proposed timetable change that would require the
172s to move to West Midlands Trains has been cancelled. Therefore, if
necessary, the 172 could stay beyond November 2018.

Ah, every cloud has a silver lining!

Two class 710s have been moved to Willesden to ease storage issues at
Derby. Still awaiting the type approval sign off for them to actually run
on NR tracks. Only then can a range of activities commence which would
allow them to be used for driver training on the GOBLIN. Two more 710s
may follow to Willesden but, again, only for storage at this point.

I was wondering if TfL Rail 345s could be used for at least part of the
GOBLIN driver training? I know the software is different, but presumably
the 710s and 345s are very similar to drive, and there's no shortage of
345s waiting to go into service. If so, it could reduce the amount of
hands-on training needed on the tardy 710s.