Old August 10th 18, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Route 88 changes; and some consequences of the hopper fare

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 02:18:51 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Corfield wrote:
The Hopper fare is being used to justify the loss of many sections of bus r=
oute. Part of the 27 is being lost in Chiswick, the 224 is being axed in W=
embley, the mass of cuts in and around Oxford St. There are also many more=
route massacres on their way. To coin a phrase "you ain't seen nothing yet=
". It's an accountant's wet dream as it allows the bus planners to rip the =
bus network to bits and leave the passengers (those that will be left) with=
the effort of taking multiple buses whereas today a journey can be done on=
one bus. One day I shall have to ask Caroline Pidgeon, who campaigned fo=
r the Hopper ticket, whether she also expected the bus network to be destro=
yed off the back of her initiative. Talk about unintended consequences.

I suppose you could argue that shorter routes are more reliable as there's
less chance for delays to build up along it and bunching to occur.
I occasionally get the 121 which winds its way through half of north london
and during a weekday you can forget about the every 7-8 minutes on the
timetable.