Old August 17th 18, 10:17 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Pointless messages on electronic platform boards

Last night I was waiting for a GN train northbound at H&I. Train turned up
but the information board was telling me about problems on gatwick express,
as if anyone going north on GN will be heading for gatwick! Then it went on
to mention problems on the tube. Fantastic. I didn't know if the Stevenage
train in front of me would be stopping at my station (it normally doesn't),
but by the time the board got around to mentioning that yes it actually
would the bloody doors had closed.

I can't imagine it would be too hard for the people who program these systems
to do so, so that if the indicated train is due then only to display stops,
not some pointless info that no one gives a rats arse about.