Old August 20th 18, 09:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Pointless messages on electronic platform boards

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 22:32:02 +0100
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 20:58:35 +0100, Bevan Price
wrote:

It should be made a rule that "train departure screens" should only be
permitted to display train departure information.

If they want to display info. about "disruptions", "safety", "security",
"future engineeering work", etc., they should provide separate display
screens.

Absolutely agree. If they want they can put a poster up somewhere for
what is usually patronising nonsense, the train departure screens
should be kept for train departures.

The best (worst?) one has to be on the tube where I've seen a "Mind the Doors"
message on the board. I'd love to have been in that meeting where someone
actually suggested with a straight face that that would be a genuinely useful
message to display.