Old October 15th 18, 01:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Nationalisation proponent John McDonnell backs private rail funding

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Certes wrote:
On 15/10/18 11:07, Recliner wrote:
Extracted from (£):
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/10/14/nationalisation-proponent-john-mcdonnell-backs-private-rail/
Backed by Baroness Valentine, the HSR would link Heathrow with fast
trains
to Basingstoke, Reading and the Birmingham through a connection to the
future HS2 station at Old Oak Common. Journeys between Woking and
Heathrow
could take just 16 minutes.

So is the new track going to Woking, to Reading or duplicating the
existing line to OOC? They all seem to lie in different directions.

https://heathrowrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/HSR_Brochure_Web.pdf

So just this week's rehash of a 38 year old proposal that HMG continually
fails to find funding for.

And yep I do know that it's (more or less) 38 years old as it was first(?)
proposed when I was in my first year of work spitting distance away from
(one of) the proposed routes and we all looked forward to being able to use
it.

Some form of it was twice promised at planning enquiries by LHR Ltd as
"payment" for being allowed to expand and twice LHR Ltd reneged on that
promise.

As some of you know, I am now retired

tim