Old November 2nd 18, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default City plans to trial petrol and diesel ban

On 01/11/2018 18:12, Roland Perry wrote:

While I agree that regular vehicles like commuters' cars, and ultra-
regular users like taxis, buses and many delivery vans, should be
cleaned up, the hoops someone who drives a few miles in such an area
five times a year is expected to jump through (such as buying a new car
for those rare Central London trips, or driving the other way round the
M25 to avoid Dartford) is totally disproportionate.

Set the penalty at a bit more than it would cost to divert round the
restriction. Reading the article linked to, the ban will only apply to
the Square Mile, anyway, while Sadiq Khan has plans to extend it to the
whole conurbation as soon as he can get away with it.

He's the reason that the company I work for has had to replace almost
their entire fleet recently, as he's brought forward the Euro 6
requirement by a couple of years. We have 6 year old Euro 5 vehicles,
which cost about twenty grand to modify.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.